AOBox allows Google users to share Google Drive folders with you, even if you don’t have a Google Account. When Google users share a folder with you, you receive an invitation email from AOBox.
Learn more: Why is AOBox secure?
Important: AOBox recognizes you via your email address (the one specified by the owner of the content shared with you). To access content in AOBox, identify yourself with an account associated with this email address, which can be:
- an account you own at one of these service providers:
- an AOBox account that you create
To access shared content, you first need to identify yourself.
1. Open your email inbox.
2. Open the AOBox invitation email. If you can’t find it, check your spam or junk folder. It was sent by firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Press the Open Folder button in the email you received.
4. You are redirected to the Content has been shared with you page. You can identify yourself via a service provider (step 5) or through your AOBox account (step 6).
5. To identify yourself using a service provider, select:
- Facebook to identify yourself using your Facebook account
- LinkedIn to identify yourself using your LinkedIn account
- Microsoft and then:
- Personal account to identify yourself using your Outlook, Live or Hotmail account.
- Professional account to identify yourself using your Office 365 account, also known as Azure AD (Microsoft for enterprise accounts).
6. To identify yourself using your AOBox account, select Confirm your identity with your email address and a password. Learn more: Create an AOBox account.
Enter your credentials and press Log in.
7. You are now logged into AOBox.
When you access AOBox for the first time, you can view a welcome tour explaining the features available for AOBox guests.
Tip: You can access the tour at any time from the Help menu. Learn more: Get help with AOBox.
You can now access the content that has been shared with you.
Note: Once you are logged in, you can see all the folders that have been shared with you. You don't have to open a folder via the email your receive each time an owner shares a folder with you.
Important: To use AOBox you need to confirm your email address with your service provider.
To do this:
- indicate your email address to your account provider; you did this when you created your account with your service provider
- confirm your email address using the procedure defined by your account provider; this may involve typing a confirmation code or clicking a confirmation link sent to you by email
If you create an AOBox account, you'll be asked to confirm your email address.
If you haven’t validated your email address, you will get an error message when you try to use AOBox.