Dear AOBox users,
We’re pleased to announce a new version of AOBox!
This version is a public beta. AOBox will be available for free during the beta. After the public release, users can purchase AOBox for a fee.
AOBox now supports subfolders
With this new release:
- guests can access content in the subfolders of a folder (owned by the same owner) shared with them
- owners and guests can access a subfolder directly via its URL
- guests with write access can download, delete and upload new versions of uploaded files in subfolders
- owners can find information about subfolders in the audit log
- Subfolders don’t have a button to upload a new version. Only individual files have this button.
- Some actions, such as sharing a subfolder, also affect the root folder. In these cases, a banner is displayed with explanations.
We made some changes to improve your experience of AOBox:
- AOBox recovers owners’ and guests’ names and avatars, if defined
- guests can view who shared a folder with them
- owners can view who they shared folders with
- owners and guests can scroll within their folders and sort files and subfolders by name or modification date
In the next release (end of December) we’ve planned to:
- integrate AOBox with Team Drive
- make the audit log easier to use
AOBox will be available for a fee after these features are complete.
The AOBox team