If AOBox is deployed to your domain, you must manage licenses and users centrally in your domain. This means that individual AOBox owners in your domain have seamless access to AOBox without having to start a trial or purchase licenses. To add users, you can:
When you start a free AOBox trial, you become the AOBox subscription manager in My Account, the platform where you can purchase and manage AOBox subscriptions. Only the AOBox subscription manager can manage and pay for licenses in your domain.
Note: As the AOBox subscription manager, you don't have to consume an AOBox license yourself. When you start a free trial, a license is automatically assigned to you, but you can remove it and assign it to someone else. You'll still have access to AOBox subscription management in My Account.
|Start a free trial|
|Access the AOBox subscription page|
|Register your G Suite domain|
|Add licenses and invite users|
|As a user, accept an invitation to AOBox|
Start a free trial
1. Access AOBox and sign in with Google. The AOBox for Free for 30 days pop-up opens.
2. Enter your details and press Start free trial.
A confirmation message appears, indicating that you have free access to AOBox for 30 days.
Note: Alternatively, you can start a trial directly from My Account.
Access the AOBox subscription page
Your AOBox subscription is managed in My Account. To access your AOBox subscription homepage, you can:
- press Subscribe in the welcome message, during the AOBox 30 day free trial
- open the user menu and select Manage subscription
You're directed to My Account.
Note: When you first access your AOBox subscription page in My Account, you're recommended to enter your payment details to make sure your users continue to have access to AOBox when your free trial ends: Update subscription > Update payment info.
Register your G Suite domain
With the AOBox Business plan active, you can register your G Suite domain to your AOBox subscription so users in your domain can be allocated an AOBox license.
1. Open the Domains tab.
2. Press Register domain.
3. Press Confirm.
A confirmation message appears, indicating that the domain has been registered.
Users in your domain who access AOBox will be automatically allocated a license from the available licenses in your plan.
– Users are allocated a license the first time they access AOBox.
– If a user in the domain tries to access AOBox and there are no more licenses available, they are prompted to contact the subscription manager.
– As a subscription manager you will receive a notification when there are no more licenses available in your subscription. Learn more: Add licenses.
– Learn more about G Suite domains in AOBox.
If required, you can remove domains from your subscription.
Add licenses and invite users
1. Press Update subscription.
2. In the My plan panel, under Number of licenses, enter the number of licenses you want to add and press Purchase.
3. In the Plan update pop-up, press Yes.
4. Press See my subscription.
Note: You can press Go to AOBox to go to the AOBox interface.
On the AOBox subscription homepage, your Resources usage section is updated, which shows the quotas available for your subscription.
Important: The quotas are calculated for your subscription, not for individual users. For example: if there are six licenses and 60 folders available. If one user shares 58 folders, the other users will be able to share only one folder each.
1. Open the Invitations tab and enter a list of email addresses separated by commas.
2. Press Send invites. A confirmation message appears at the bottom of the screen confirming the invitations have been sent.
A list of the invitations you sent is displayed. If required, you can cancel an invitation.
1. Open the Users tab.
2. Press the Remove user button next to the user whose license you want to revoke.
3. Press Yes. The user is removed from the list of users and can no longer access AOBox through your subscription.
Important: If you are the AOBox subscription manager, you can revoke your own license. You won't have access to AOBox, but you will still have access to the AOBox subscription management in My Account.
As a user, accept an invitation to AOBox
When users are invited to use AOBox, they receive an email notification.
1. As a user, press Accept invitation in the email.
You are directed to My Account.
2. Press Accept.
3. Press Confirm. You are directed to AOBox and you can start sharing folders.